Roving Networks is a fast growing Silicon Valley based company that prides itself on selecting personnel of the highest calibre.
Roving has positions open in its Asian and US offices.
Provides technical and software engineering support for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth RF modules, supporting customers and internal design teams.
- Provides direct technical assistance for modules and software to customers via phone and email.
- Generates example MCU firmware and PC software to demonstrate device use
- Generates technical documentation in support of product line (e.g. datasheets, application notes).
- Actively works with customers on design activities.
- Designs and debugs hardware demonstration and evaluation boards.
- Provides product training for field sales and applications teams.
Education and/or Experience:
A Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 4 years of related experience, or a Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 8 years of related experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of software programming tools
- Strong C programming skills
- Familiarity with the usage of ADCs, DACs, and Op-Amps
- Familiarity with serial communications buses (UART, I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet)
- Knowledge of proper and effective use of lab test equipment
- General analog and digital circuit analysis skills
- Understand systems, circuits and devices
- Able to understand schematics and layout
- Embedded systems background or course work
- Basic customer interface or teaching skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals and methodologies
Desirable Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug systems, circuits, and devices
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug firmware and software
- Familiarity with circuit-level (PCB) design and simulation tools
- Technical documentation authoring and editing abilities
- Experience giving Electrical Engineering technical presentations (e.g. seminars, teaching in a classroom environment)